Welcome to the Parent's Corner
Our goal is to give you as parents the information and access you need to become active partners in your child’s education. This is important because we know that when families are informed and involved, children do better in school.
Visit the resource area for parents.
For further assistance, you may make an appointment with our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Ivie Bien-Aime. The focus of whose job is making our school a place where families feel welcome, supported and respected as partners in education. She is available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm, located on the 1st Floor in Room #140 and can be reached in the office at (718) 241-4800 ext. 1400, via cell (347) 563-4672, via email at email@example.com.
Dear Parents and Guardians of Bildersee’s Seniors:
The senior year at Bildersee is a time filled with excitement and anticipation. Since we want this year to be memorable for you and your child, we have made several plans. There are a number of items that need to be addressed at this time. Please familiarize yourself with the contents of this letter and discuss it with your child.
I. REQUIREMENTS FOR PROMOTION TO GRADE 9
1. Students must earn a grade of 65 - 100 in English Language Arts (EO82).
2. Students must earn a grade of 65 - 100 in mathematics (MO82).
3. Students must earn a grade of 65 - 100 in social studies (HO82).
4. Students must earn a grade of 65 - 100 in science (SO82).
5. Students must earn a level 2, 3 or 4 on the New York State English Language Arts exam.
6. Students must earn a level 2, 3 or 4 on the New York State Mathematics exam.
7. Student must have a minimum attendance rate of 90%.
II. Senior Finances
Part of the senior experience for our families requires dealing with the associated expenses. Here is a comprehensive breakdown of the costs associated with graduation and senior activities:
SENIOR DUES (Graduation)
Theme: A Red Carpet Affair
June 12, 2015
(2926 Avenue S Brooklyn, NY 11229)
May 29, 2015
June 3, 2015
100 W Hersheypark Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
May 20, 2015
- Senior Dues will be collected beginning immediately and continue through June 15, 2015. You may pay by cash or money order made payable to Isaac Bildersee School (I.S. 68). Students must give their dues to Ms. Daley (the Pupil Accountant/ Purchasing secretary) in the main office ONLY.
- All trip and prom money must be paid by cash or money order addressed to Isaac Bildersee School (I.S.68), and given to Ms. Daley in the main office.
- The senior prom will be held from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Buckley’s Catering Hall and Restaurant. The prom is by INVITATION ONLY. Students may be excluded because of poor behavior throughout the year. Senior Dues does not include the trip, prom or ring fees.
Who’s Who – If you need assistance Call (718) 241-4800
Merve Williams- Principal ext. 1600 Ms. Zephir (Academy I)-ext. 1281
Ms. Gamble – Asst. Principal ext. 3000 Ms. Robinson(Academy II) –ext. 2000
Ms. Cambry (Academy III) - ext. 3050
Guidance Counselors Parent Coordinator
Ms. Lombardi – ext. 1340 Ms. Tucker – ext. 1400
Ms. Briggs-Cox – ext. 3030
Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful senior year at Bildersee. We hope this year is filled with many warm thoughts and fond memories. Please visit our website for current Bildersee information (www.is68.org).
The I.S. 68 Administrative Team
Mr. M. Williams, Principal
Ms. Gamble, Assistant Principal